Help with Regular Expressions matching

ajit k jena ajit at
Fri Jan 31 08:26:53 CET 2003

I have the following requirement:

	I have a mailman mailing list. This is a public list where
	anyone can post without joining the list. But now I wish to
	restrict the posters to a particular set. In particular, what
	I want is to allow email addresses of the form:

		user at
		user at

	I wish to disallow all other addresses.

Someone in mailman mailing list suggested a regular expression of the

This only accepts addresses of the form user at The
subdomain requirement I have shown above is not accepted.

As I am new to PYTHON regular expressions, I seek your help in
solving this issue.

Thanks for your time.

| Ajit K. Jena              Phone : (Office) +91-22-25768750       |
| Computer Centre                            +91-22-25767751       |
| Indian Institute of Technology    (Home)   +91-22-25768068       |
| POWAI, Bombay                     Fax   :  +91-22-25723894       |
| PIN 400076, India                 Email :  ajit at    |