Best Python editor (under Linux)

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Sun Jan 5 17:25:45 EST 2003

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 09:10:06 +0100, Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
> Editors were invented before we had window systems.  I think if we had
> invented them in the other order we wouldn't have invented editors at
> all, but just built editing functionality into our window system.

    Obviously you're ignoring the capability in advanced GUI systems to embed
different programs into themselves.  Take a look at BeOS where you could embed
virtually anything into anything else.

    We'd still have editors.  We'd just choose which one was embedded into the
application instead of having to go through the external calls we should do
now.

    To email: Don't despair!   |  -- Lenny Nero, Strange Days