Do pythons like sugar?

Carl Banks imbosol at
Fri Jan 10 00:43:03 CET 2003

Nick Vargish wrote:
> Carl Banks <imbosol at> writes:
>> I hope everyone else realizes he (Afanasiy) was being ironic.
> I believe your irony detector is yielding false positives.

I believe your irony detector is broken.

He perceived (wrongly, it appears) an arrogant attitude from Dalke,
who was trying to point out problems with Afanasiy's code, and it's
very obvious his statement, "My code is perfect," was in mockery of
the attitude he perceived.  It was not hubris.

As for whether programmers are metaphorical, I'll say only this:
abstract is not the same as figurative.