good name for a dict/list hybrid

Andrew Dalke adalke at
Thu Jan 9 04:48:22 CET 2003

 > I have a class which I'm calling DictList.  Its used for an ordered
 > dictionary which can have multiple keys, though in almost all cases
 > it only has single keys.

Thanks for the various suggestions.

Based on a suggestion from private mail I chose 'OrderedMultiDict'.
I've also implemented 'UnorderedMultiDict' which has weaker guarantees
about order, at the advantage of better deletion performance.  They
are both available in a module called 'MultiDict'.

 > Code will be posted after I get a good name.  :)

Attached.  Let me know if this proves useful to anyone else.

					dalke at