Do pythons like sugar?

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 9 15:47:42 EST 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 11:14, Carl Banks wrote:

> What I do see is a presumptuous attitude from some of the reponders;
> maybe not condescending, but definitely presumptuous.
>
> > You asked a question, and you got answers.
>
> He got unwanted answers to a question he didn't ask.

And as was pointed out, this is solely because we wanted to understand
his motivations for writing the code itself, and wanted a better
example of what he was trying to accomplish.  That happens ALL the
time on this group, and is an indication of people taking the time to
try to be helpful.

In fact, whenever I see a class method posted, without ANY further
context to the class itself, I get very suspicious (from long
experience).  How do I know what is going on in the class, or that the
poster even understands the distinction between methods and functions?

I found Afanasiy's responses to be the presumptuous ones, like he is
*entitled* to a helpful response to a poorly posed question?  Should
the answer have been a simple and curt "no", without any further
inquiry?  I'll bet that wouldn't have garnered an "okay, thank you"
response.

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer