how to use PIL.image with Tkinter.canvas?

Andrew Markebo andrew.markebo at
Sat Jan 18 22:53:44 CET 2003

/ "meinrad recheis" <meinrad.recheis at> wrote:
| hi
| I want to use the Python Image Library for Image manipulation and i want to
| build a GUI with
| Tkinter.
| is it possible to view a PIL image on a Tkinter canvas?

Yep, check the docs..

"The current release includes Tk PhotoImage and BitmapImage interfaces"

UNfortunetaly I don't have the rest in my pocket here, but I know that
in the examples there were at least one viewer

 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!