Please help required urgently - xml.dom.minidom

Graeme graeme_matthew at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 07:34:47 EST 2003

Hi all

I am at the point of exploding, I have been trying to get my head around
xml.dom.minidom

I just cannot seem to get the value for the element/node

My XML is very simple

<Order><OrderId>12345</OrderId><Delivery>Definetly Not Microsoft
Way</Delivery><Order>

When I pass this to my class instance and process it the output is

OrderId
None
1
Delivery
None
1
1

please could someone explain this, many thanks

Here is my class

import xml.dom.minidom
import Order
import OrderLine

class OrderMessageProcessor(object):

    def __init__ (self,data=None):

        self.order = Order.Order()
        self.data = data

    def processOrder(self):

        xmlTree = xml.dom.minidom.parseString(self.data)

        #Get a NodeList Object
        orders = xmlTree.getElementsByTagName('Order')

        if orders.length != 0:

            #Loop nod
            for nod in orders:

                for elem in nod.childNodes: