Service Control

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at
Thu Jan 30 16:07:32 CET 2003

Hutchins, Mike <mhutchins at> wrote:
> I am not trying to be rude, but did I post this to the wrong list?

Maybe just nobody knew an answer, or all three people who do Windows services
in Python are on vacation ;-)

> If I posted to the wrong list, can someone suggest an alternative list
> for a newbie like myself?

You've chosen an appropriate list, as this one is about *all* things Python.
There is, however, a python-win32 specially targeted at the win32 topic:

Perhaps you'll have better luck there.

It's also always a good idea to post minimal code that shows the problem. And
maybe chose a subject that will make Mark Hammond look at your message ;-)

-- Gerhard