Cross compiling for ARM

Andy Preston andy at apsinnovations.com
Mon Jan 20 23:01:43 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm currently trying to get 2.3a1 to cross compile for ARM. I have a
pretty much successfull compile right up until it attempts to run
./python setup.py . This or course fails because ./python is the cross
compiled version and not the host version of python. I modified
Makefile.pre.in to add a $(HOSTPYTHONPATH)/python so that a make flag
could be added to path the hosts python for when cross compiling. I'm
running Slackware 8.1 with their default python 2.2 and this fails with
an error on line 8 of setup.py "cannot find import name log".

 Parser/pgen is fails, but it doesn;t seem to effect python from
compiling.

 Unfortunately I don't know enough about python to continue from here.

I'm currently not subscribed to the list, so please CC me as well

thanks,

Andy

--
Andy Preston <andy at apsinnovations.com>