Interesting problem comparing strings with integer values...

Chris Spencer clspence at one.net
Thu Jan 16 14:44:39 EST 2003

	To quote a wise grey-beard in my company: "If it were easy, they
wouldn't pay us to do this."
	Unfortuately, we can't rely on stored procedures or built-in functions
of databases because we're working through a "unified layer" that will
eventually support Oracle, Informix, MS SQL Server, mySQL, postgre, DB2, etc...
	So as you can see, with us supporting so many different database
engines, relying on special features of any engine just won't fly.  Heh.
	One upshot of this is that I'm learning more than I *ever* wanted to
know about relational databases and syntax oddities of different SQL
implementations. :)

(OBONTOPIC) I'd be scared to everloving DEATH of doing this project in any
language other than Python.  Introspection and self-modifying code are the two
features that have made this project even remotely possible.

Chris.