Python vs .Net

Max Ischenko max at malva.com.uaREMOVE.IT
Fri Jan 10 09:14:03 EST 2003

 Peter Hansen wrote:

>> Sophisticated type system, like the Hindley-Milner (Haskell)
>> could free you from extra typing still providing advantages of the static
>> type checking.

> I haven't felt in any way hampered by the lack of those "advantages"
> so far, and I strongly doubt Haskell would be as nice, for me, to code in
> as Python, nor as readable.

I'd prefer Python over Haskell in 99 from 100 cases but this is irrelevant
to the point. I just wanted to say that static type system _could_ provide
actual advatages and there are decent languages which exploit this.

May be Python 3k would got the Hindley-Milner type system? ;-)

--
   $ :qa
   bash: :qa: command not found