Books: Core Python Programming vs. Python Cookbook

Neil MacMillan sir_penguin.geo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 17:20:26 EST 2003

David, I've had your book bookmarked in my Python directory for a
little while.  Thanks, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to
budget for it yet. :p

Thank you everybody.  I've decided to get just the Cookbook.  I'm sure
that for anything that isn't explored deeply enough for me, there's
something on the web that explains it (and if not, it's nothing a
couple hours with the interactive prompt, the source, and the library
reference can't explain).  Besides, it's a lot easier to carry the
Cookbook around in my backpack library than Core Python would be.

And I must say, after buying textbooks, it's nice to be able to get a
book I'll actually enjoy for 1/5 the price of a text.

Neil M.