Distributing Python apps

Norman Skrzypinski zypin at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 3 10:14:20 EST 2003

Hi, all.

I'm a retired mainframer.  I've designed several financial software
applications and I'm looking around for a suitable language to use to code
it.

I've spent the last couple of months investigating Visual Basic, Visual C++,
Euphoria, Python and Perl.  I like Python, but I'm put off by the
pain-in-the-rear methods of creating standalone Python applications.  Isn't
this a serious shortcoming that should receive a lot of immediate attention?
Is there a developer-friendly builder-installer in the works?

Norm