Any AIX experts out there?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Wed Jan 29 13:02:37 EST 2003

> In article <mailman.1043819092.30996.python-list at python.org>,
> Laura Creighton  <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
> >The Snake Farm is having trouble building Python on AIX.
> >See: http://lists.lysator.liu.se/pipermail/snake-farm/2003-January/000654.ht
> ml
> >
> >Does anybody recognise these symptoms?
> >
> >Laura Creighton
> >

> Dynamic loading, yeah.  I used to be good with AIX.
> The solution probably is heavily dependent on version.
> It's unlikely I can do this as volunteer work.  Is
> this for you, or are you just helping out?
> --
>
> Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
> Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
> Personal:  http://phaseit.net/claird/home.html
> --

It is for GvR, and for all of us -- so that we have a Python 2.3 that runs
on AIX, which we don't now, and for making the Python-in-a-Tie Release
for the PBF.  see http://www.lysator.liu.se/~sfarmer/

Just letting us know that we are building this with the correct options
would be a big help.  See

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=d326c817ecbbdebf &seekm=pan.2002.11.09.15.11.51.389948.12688%40metaslash.com

Thanks very much,
Laura Creighton