Sharing method code between class instances

Jp Calderone exarkun at
Fri Jan 24 18:57:41 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:19:53AM -0600, Larry Bates wrote:
> I have a question about how to share code between classes.  I've searched
> and just can't find anything that is clear enough for me to understand.
> Consider: I have a simple class that will hold a field and formatting
> (and eventually much more) information.
> [snip]

  Code first.  Test second.  Profile third.  Optimize last.

  You're concerned about something that isn't a problem.

A sad spectacle.  If they be inhabited, what a scope for misery
and folly.  If they be not inhabited, what a waste of space.
                -- Thomas Carlyle, looking at the stars
 up 39 days, 21:49, 1 user, load average: 0.81, 0.64, 0.57