Coding standard: Prefixing variables to indicate datatype

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Jan 16 22:11:28 EST 2003

Peter Hansen wrote:

> It's "Simonyi", and although I've found many web pages expressing
> a dislike of the notation, I haven't been able to find any references
> to Simonyi himself expressing any regret.  Can you point me to one?

You know, I've heard much the same myself, but haven't been able to come
up with any independent corroboration either.  Maybe it's one of those
myths that spreads faster than the truth.

/  \ To perceive is to suffer.
\__/ Aristotle
    Python chess module / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/chess/
 A chess game adjudicator in Python.