Why is xml.dom.minidom so slow?

Uche Ogbuji uche at ogbuji.net
Sat Jan 11 13:40:06 EST 2003

martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis wrote in message news:<m3hecmw2oi.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>...
> "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com> writes:
>
> > Quick question... I've got benchmark results for most of the
> > options, but I haven't been able to track down cDomlette yet (google
> > didn't turn up any obvious links). Does anyone know where I can
> > download it (and the documentation :-) I'll post my benchmarks in a
> > couple of days...
>
> It's part for 4Suite, www.4Suite.org. If you download the 4Suite beta
> (which you should), it is in Ft.Lib.cDomlette. You can find usage
> examples in
>
> http://uche.ogbuji.net:8080/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/pyxml/domlettes

What Martin said.

I just want to point out another friendly introduction.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/10/16/py-xml.html

And if you use Python 2.2 you may also want to see my tips on using
generators with DOM, which often give a speed advantage.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/08/py-xml.html

--Uche
http://uche.ogbuji.net