Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Wed Jan 29 11:28:20 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis wrote:
> I think your point is well-taken, but you're polarizing an argument far
> beyond what was originally stated.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  What was originally
STATED was, e.g., a rhetorical question "Does the language
really matter?" (and as a rhetorical question, it implies an
answer of "not really").  What was MEANT by this, I'm not very
interested in guessing -- I'm no mindreader, nor am I training
to become one.

In my experience, assertions about "language not really
mattering" (whether phrased openly, or as rhetorical questions)
are most often used by people who try to defend lousy languages
(or ones who try to sell silver-bullet languages, methodologies,
and the like).

Alex