Help a C++ coder see the light

Cameron Laird claird at
Thu Jan 30 22:10:19 CET 2003

In article <mailman.1043956135.5480.python-list at>,
Dave Brueck  <dave at> wrote:
>In the cases where refactoring of those more public interfaces is
>necessary, then, yes, you do have to do a lot of work to check to make
>sure nothing gets broken, but it's certainly no more work than a similar
>change in a large C++ program (and that's why a lot more thought goes into
>designing those interfaces in the first place).

Folks have done a great job of following up in this thread.
I'll toss in the proposition that Python is *better* than
C++ for programming in the large.  Without time now to argue
the point, I'll just observe that big Python programs aren't
as big as their functional equivalents in C++.

Cameron Laird <Cameron at>