Strange urllib and httplib problem

Erik Max Francis max at
Mon Jan 13 06:15:03 CET 2003

Jesse Lawrence wrote:

> I'm trying to code something with either urllib or
> httplib.  No matter what I try, when I run my scripts,
> it  says the following:
> Enter an address:
> Just to try it, I enter an address, and then I get an
> error message telling my that it can't import name
> urlsplit.

Sample code?  Hard to say what's wrong without actually seeing the code
you're using and the site you're trying to poke with it.

The only thing that barely rings a bell is that the urllib.URLOpener
classes by default prompt you for HTTP authentication, but I've never
seen the prompt myself so can't tell you if that's what's going on here.

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ All the gods are dead except the god of war.
\__/ Leroy Eldridge Cleaver Aliens vs. Predator 2 /
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.