Newbie simple py2exe problem

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sat Jan 11 12:44:27 EST 2003

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:39:45 +0100, Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com>
>  wrote:thers is no traceback. I'm running XP as admin. Ran it in the
> cmd window. Only error is the syntax error previously posted
>
> >> created small python app., Installed distutils, installed py2exe. I
> >> created the script using the example from the py2exe site. When I run
> >> "python setup.py py2exe" , I get a syntax error on "from
> >> distutils.core  import setup". What's my problem?
> >> --
> >
> >1. check your permissions.
> >if they are ok ...
> >2. post the real traceback, please.
> >
> >Laura Creighton
>
> --

I have never used XP, so I will have to leave this for another.
But whoever helps you needs a better description of your problem
than 'a syntax error'.  There are lots of syntax errors.  I have been
assuming that you have the particular syntax error which is
an Import Error,  but this might be wrong.  If this is correct,
then python is trying and failing to find something, in distutils.core.

This is either because it's not there, or its there but not readable
(and I don't know how Windows handles permissions, at all) or
Python doesn't know where to look because your PYTHONPATH does not
include the location of the module you want to load.

Laura Creighton