biggles on windows

Kyle Yancey kyle at lakeofburningfire.org
Wed Jan 29 20:27:51 EST 2003

The Windows installer could be designed for activestates python.  If
you're not running the activestate version, then you don't have the
registry settings.  That happens some times.  Here's what I have in my
registry.

Create the following key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ActiveState\ActivePython

Create a string called CurrentVersion here.
Then set it to whatever your version number is.  Mine is set to 222.

Now create a corresponding key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ActiveState\ActivePython\222

Set the (Default) string to whatever your install directory is.  Mine
is C:\Python22\

Now try installing again.