r_exec vs. exec + globals

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Wed Jan 22 12:55:29 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:32:27AM -0600, Randy Heiland wrote:
> What's the RExec analog to doing   exec(stmt,globals())  ?  Or is it
> even possible to modify globals() when using RExec?

  That would defeat the entire purpose of RExec.  What you might want is to
modify the dictionary being used inside RExec as the globals dictionary.
But I think what you really want is a 'globals' declaration inside whatever
code you're running inside your (insecure) RExec.

  Jp
--
 12:00am up 37 days, 9:48, 2 users, load average: 0.36, 0.32, 0.27