[ann] Minimal Python project

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Sat Jan 11 18:39:42 EST 2003

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.de> writes:
> I am very convinced that this project is able to lead to a Python
> implementation that has a smaller code base with a minimum of C
> code, and that runs faster than CPython.  And it will be Stackless
> by nature.  I don't claim that this will be the result of a single
> sprint. But this is my goal.

I don't doubt that it's possible.  That's not meant as any kind of
slight on the CPython implementers, but it's there are always great
benefits to doing something a second time around.

In my dreams we'd have a completely self-hosted Python implementation
that compiles to native code on the fly, sort of like the Yale T system.