php vs python

Peter Hansen peter at
Sat Jan 4 00:51:14 CET 2003

Irmen de Jong wrote:
> Joe wrote:
> > Thankes for the enlightment... ill guess i stick to php then as I'm very
> > dependen on the apache server.
> Err.. have you read the response about mod_python correctly?
> see

More likely he just didn't notice the subtle comments about how much
easier and more readable it is to code in Python...

Joe, take a look at some Python code for a while.  Maybe even try
porting a small script or two.  If it's not for you, you'll find
that quickly enough.  Quite possibly, though, you'll discover a
language in which it is a sheer joy to program, and one which has
a more coherent design than PHP, and which can take you into other
areas of programming with much less difficulty than if you were to
try that with PHP.