How to do this in Python...

Carl Banks imbosol at vt.edu
Mon Jan 27 00:47:19 EST 2003

Martin Maney wrote:
> This seems to me to be, very simply, an area where Python's
> intentionally chosen limitations make it awkward to compose a clear and
> robust solution, at least in the general case.

You've voiced you opinion about this before, if I remember correctly.
Python is not going to add an assignment expression just so you can do
this stupid, irrelevant thing without a little awkwardness.  Live with
it.

(And, frankly, I'm rather annoyed that you've come to this
two-sample-point "conclusion" without examining the method I gave in
the very post you responded to.)

--
CARL BANKS