XML vs Python?

N. Thomas nthomas at cise.ufl.edu
Fri Jan 17 13:58:16 EST 2003

In article <d232c5e.0301170329.1c8881d8 at posting.google.com>, Chris Lyon wrote:

> "N. Thomas" <nthomas at cise.ufl.edu> wrote in message
> news:<slrnb293jk.1hr.nthomas at rain.cise.ufl.edu>...
>
> > Are there any issues that I should be aware of regarding this? I
> > mean, are there situations where is it better to save one's data in
> > XML internally as opposed to using the language's native structures,
> > and exporting to/from XML?
>
> Is this not a pickle to XML file conversion issue?

(I hope I am reading your question right.)

Not quite, the XML version of the pickle would be, well, an XML vesion
of the pickle. We have a DTD all written up so that if people want to
parse data from our system, they just follow the DTD. Our DTD has
nothing to do with Python's serializable output.

thomas

--
N. Thomas
nthomas at cise.ufl.edu