Advice Needed re: MS-DOS/Win 98 as Python environment

zenguyuno at yahoo.com zenguyuno at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 18:06:36 EST 2003

I generally run my python programs from a DOS window under Win 98.  Is
there a better way?  (yeah, I know, use linux, but I feel I'm too old to
relearn so much)

When I open MS-DOS the initial directory is Windows.  I can't figure out
how to make this come up as Python22.  I know about autoexec.bat, I used
to use it a lot, but I don't know where MS-DOS under Win 98 looks for
the autoexec batch file to execute.  Can anyone please tell me?

Thanks,

"When one enters an unplowed field he is sure to leave furrows, even if
his plow is not of the sharpest." - Timin