Browser front-end, python back-end

Eric Mattes ericmattes at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 13:54:49 EST 2003

Sorry, I should have been more specific about the intent of this program. I
am intending to distribute the program in a form which does not require an
internet connection. I wanted a python program to act as a server so that it
can receive requests from a browser pointing to localhost.

The program is a turn-based game, so it is suitable for web browser
implementation. I'm just wondering if its feasable to have the whole app
(server and all) in one package.

My worries about using BaseHTTPServer come from the fact that when I run
'serve_forever()', I need to use the task manager to kill the program. Is
there some way around that?

Thanks!
-E