Getting SuperUser Authority From Within Running Python Program

Chris Tavares christophertavares at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 25 23:45:51 EST 2003

"Tim Daneliuk" <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote in message
news:mq7v0b.6g8.ln at boundary.tundraware.com...
> Is there a way to have a running Python program acquire super-user status
> (assuming the program knows the correct password)?  If so, is this
> method portable to Win32 or will Unix and Win32 need different
implementations?

Whatever way there is, it's not portable to Win32. Windows doesn't have the
concept of a "super-user". Administrator isn't special like root is
special - admin accounts are just ordinary accounts with admin privs.

Win32 security programming is a fairly large subject that I'm not qualified
to address, but just so you know - no, you can't have a single solution.