python sandbox

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 24 06:33:51 EST 2003

Levente Sandor wrote:

> Are there any advantages of your code versus the rexec module?

I haven't looked at Uwe's submission, but an obvious disadvantage to the
rexec/Bastion solutions is that they've just been officially declared
unsafe and it is suggested that programmers not use them until their
status is sorted out.  (I don't know the details of the exploits that
are available against them; I presume they have something to do with
new-style classes.)

/  \ I am a gentlemen:  I live by robbing the poor.
\__/ George Bernard Shaw
    Kepler's laws / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/kepler/
 A proof of Kepler's laws.