tmda and python

DJ dr_jackson at
Fri Jan 31 17:56:03 CET 2003

I am having a problem with getting tmda to work properly with qmail.
I'm not sure if it's a Python issue or not.

0) Redhat 7.3 system with python rpms

1) tried to compile with source and got this:

[root at Knight tmda-0.68]# ./compileall
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./compileall", line 95, in ?
    sys.exit(not main())
  File "./compileall", line 88, in main
    success = success and compile_dir(dir)
  File "./compileall", line 39, in compile_dir
    major, minor = sys.version_info[0:2]
AttributeError: version_info

2) So, not knowing any python, I installed it as a RPM with no
reported probs. Still wondering if the above is a problem????

  rpmbuild -tb tmda-0.68.tgz
  rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/tmda-0.68-1.noarch.rpm

I have also posted this in alt.comp.mail.qmail in search of an answer.
Thanks for any help offered.