Python web development, really

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 14:13:22 EST 2003

You want to use FastCGI (www.fastcgi.com) or mod_python
(www.modpython.org) then I should imagine.

> * provide a fairly equivalent framework w/ sessions, cookies, get, post

Personally I would recommend http://jonpy.sf.net/ , but then I would ;-)

This allows you to write your code easily using an object-oriented
system, and means that it will work unchanged if your application is
being called via CGI or FastCGI or mod_python. There is also a nice
templating system if you want to use it.

jonpy together with the facilities already provided by a normal Python
install provides everything on your list, I think. You already found
Paul Boddie's list of other frameworks, so you know the alternatives
too ;-)