how to submit a patch?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Fri Jan 3 17:33:36 EST 2003

Grant Edwards wrote:
> A couple months back I fixed the termios module so that various
> functions (tcdrain, etc.) were thread-aware.
>
> However, I've not been able to figure out how to submit a
> patch. I found the web page that allows one to browse existing
> patches.  How do I submit one?

Does this answer some of your questions:

http://www.python.org/dev/devfaq.html#patches

?

I personally make patches like this:

keep an original Python source tree in python.orig/ and keep my
modified Python source tree in python/, then go to python/ and create
a patch with:

diff -N -r -C 3 ../python.orig/ . >../my_patch.dif

This worked fine so far for me, but has the disadvantage that I need
to keep the two directories in sync/, i. e. a 'cvs update' gets a
little difficult. Any suggestions for a better way are more than
welcome.

Gerhard
--
Favourite database:             http://www.postgresql.org/