Socket communications

Maciej Sobczak maciej at maciejsobczak.com
Thu Jan 16 13:00:55 EST 2003

Hi,

"Stefano Covino" <covino at merate.mi.astro.it> wrote in message
news:b06eo8$m0u70$1 at ID-145579.news.dfncis.de...

> Basically, what I want to implement is a very simple protocol.
I need to
> send fixed-length messages, and getting and answer again of
fixed-length.
> The communication should be effective on both side.

If you do not have to implement a particular protocol, then you
can use any other approach for network communications, including
some higher-level ones.

Please follow my signature and find Python tutorials for the
library I maintain to see if it fits your needs.

--
Maciej Sobczak
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/

Distributed programming lib for C, C++, Python & Tcl:
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/