avoiding long paths to interpreter

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Jan 13 01:53:04 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis wrote:

> Robin Munn wrote:
>
> >     if sys.version_info < (2,2):    # Require at least Python 2.2
>
> Neglecting you meant >= and not < here, ...

Erf, of course that was the test for printing the graceful exit message
and exiting, not the code which would continue, so your version was
indeed correct.  Sorry about that.

But in, say, version 1.5.2, this code would raise an AttributeError
instead of printing a graceful exit message, which could arguably be
more confusing, so my comment about sys.version_info's recent
introduction is even more salient.

/  \ Nothing is so good it lasts eternally
\__/ Florence, _Chess_
    Max Pandaemonium / http://www.maxpandaemonium.com/
 A sampling of Max Pandameonium's music.