passwords to CGI

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Jan 15 21:37:18 EST 2003

Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> Thank you too for your comments EMF.
>
> IP # switches?  That would present the user with the login screen and
> perhaps I can also figure out a way to tell them what happened
> politely.  So they will know and find a better ISP.

It should be easy enough to detect that case, even with a completely
opaque session ticket.  The session ticket will map to a record about
the session, and in that session record you'll know the IP address of
the connecting host.  In the event that the ticket matches but the host
doesn't, you're either catching a cheater or someone with a really
stupid ISP firewall.

If you find that it really becomes a serious problem, you could always
exempt the IP testing for certain subnetworks.

/  \ And there inside our private war / I died the night before
\__/ Sade
    Bosskey.net: Counter-Strike / http://www.bosskey.net/cs/
 A personal guide to Counter-Strike.