[ann] Minimal Python project

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.de
Sat Jan 11 17:56:23 EST 2003

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "John Roth" <johnroth at ameritech.net> wrote in message
> news:v2111cf3gg193a at news.supernews.com...
>
>>"Edward K. Ream" <edream at tds.net> wrote in message
>>news:SrZT9.121191$Hs2.11493220 at kent.svc.tds.net...
>>
>>>A better rule of thumb, IMO, is that extraordinary claims require
>>>extraordinary justification.
>>
>>Whether or not a claim is extraordinary is totally in the mind (if
>>any) of the person who dislikes the claim.
>

> There are people who claim they can fly (levitate) by meditating, or
> by willing it so.  I think it would be wonderful (I even tried it as a
> kid).  But given the lack of any credible public demonstration
> anywhere, anytime, I feel comfortable in regarding it as an
> 'extraordinary' claim.  And in wanting to see such a feat in person
> before I really, really believed it.

Don't forget that I've proven that I can
change truth, and I'm in the group from
the beginning (actually I caused it to begin).

I am very convinced that this project is able
to lead to a Python implementation that has
a smaller code base with a minimum of C code,
and that runs faster than CPython.
And it will be Stackless by nature.
I don't claim that this will be the result of
a single sprint. But this is my goal.

if-it-is-possible-at-all-then-we-will-make-it - ly y'rs - chris