Tkinter question: position cursor within text widget

v.wehren v.wehren at
Sun Jan 5 19:39:32 CET 2003

I tried that, and this works (although I thought it didn't, hence my
post..). But my guess is I have to *workaround* a different problem (sorry I
didn't catch it as such at first): What happens is that INSERT is set to the
mouse cursor position when I open the infile from an
tkFileDialog.askopenfile (on win32), by double-clicking the file name. The
open file ialog may namely overlap the textbox (depending on the position of
the main window). So when I *double-click* the file name to open a file, it
propably also triggers a mouse click at the underlying textbox position
setting the insert cursor to the CURRENT mark. My guess ís to workaround
this I have to fire mark_set(INSERT, 1.0) from a virtual event again under
this condition...(?)

Vincent Wehren

news:jlYR9.4678$LY2.268521 at