Syntax checking python...

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 31 17:50:31 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 14:05, Afanasiy wrote:
> In other languages, I can receive syntax errors without the script having
> to execute.

This is (presumably) an IDE issue.  It is not a feature of the language,
but of the development tools.  Am I correct?

I suppose such a feature could be made to work in IDLE (to some
extent).  Maybe it already exists.  But it amounts to the computer
running your script in the background and looking for errors.  I don't
use IDLE, but perhaps someone else who does knows more about this kind
of feature.

Unless you are just talking about keyword typos, in which case emacs
(and probably Vim) will highlight the keywords for you.

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)