Python Script that Impersonates Emails

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Jan 8 16:21:13 EST 2003

Michael <dialectics-unlimited at sympatico.ca> wrote previously:
|This is somewhat of an odd question.  I came across a script ages ago,
|written in python, that reads usenet groups, "learns" to impersonate how
|people post, and then posts a pretty convincing email to the usenet
|group.  I totally forget what it was called, and am having no luck
|finding it on google.  Any one out there know what I am talking about?

What you probably want to look at is something like the Dada Engine:

    http://dev.null.org/dadaengine/

Which is used for the famous Postmodern Essay Generator, as well as
other things.  This uses a technique called "recursive transition
networks"--which seems to amount to about the same thing as Markov
Chains, but since the name is different, probably there is some math
difference too.

Yours, Lulu...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego