Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

David M. Cook davecook at nowhere.net
Tue Jan 28 22:47:12 EST 2003

In article <3e36d04e_2 at news.vo.lu>, pu wrote:

> Is, or under which circumstances is the time which can be gained by using a
> RAD-IDE equivalent to the time gained by using Python directly?

"RAD-IDE" environments usually provide things like UI layout and boilerplate
generation.  But UI layout is really a small part of the work on any app
(though one of the more tedious chores), and Python doesn't need all that
boilerplate that C++ does.  That said, there are several RAD/IDEs for Python
such as Boa Constructor (for wxPython) and Eric (for PyQt).

I use pygtk with glade for layout and XEmacs for editing.

Dave Cook