Interesting problem comparing strings with integer values...

Erik Max Francis max at
Thu Jan 16 03:46:51 CET 2003

Chris Spencer wrote:

>         The comparison will not be done inside of a Python
> interpreter, but in
> an SQL statement. ie...
> select blah from table where value>"999" and value<"3432";
> We're storing arbitrary data in text blobs, so we can't make "value"
> above an
> integer type.
> As I mentioned in my first post, while the above SQL statement would
> be
> incorrect, the below SQL code WOULD.

If that's the case, what does this question have to do with Python?

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ And there inside our private war / I died the night before
\__/ Sade Counter-Strike /
 A personal guide to Counter-Strike.