Syntax modification idea: (classmethods, properties locking...)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Jan 17 06:16:01 EST 2003

Jeff Epler <jepler at unpythonic.net> writes:

> Something like this was suggested once, possibly on python-dev.  The
> syntax proposed there was:
>     def f() [classmethod]:
>         pass
> A chained form was also proposed.

That would be have been me.

> The proposal did not win any wide acceptance.

Hey, I haven't even got started yet :) I think I did the patch just
before Guido made his "no new syntax for 2.3" Pronouncement, so I sat
on the idea.  I was planning to unleash a PEP sometime after 2.3 gets
finished.

I've even found the patch again, although it's not very hard.

Cheers,
M.

--
     ARTHUR:  Why are there three of you?
  LINTILLAS:  Why is there only one of you?