Browser front-end, python back-end

Lee Phillips lee at
Tue Jan 28 18:37:24 CET 2003

On 28 Jan 2003 09:22:59 -0800, Eric Mattes <ericmattes at> has writ:
> Hi.
> I'd like to know if anyone knows a way to write a python program that
> can be interfaced with through a web browser.

People tend to call these things "web applications". Usually you don't
use python to do the http serving, but use a library that works with
a server such as apache (however there are some libraries that include
the server itself). I've found webware (
to be a nice framework for writing pyhon apps with browser interfaces.