Seeking Minimal Python Project Name (was: [pypy-dev] Re: [ann] Minimal Python project)

Hans Nowak wurmy at
Mon Jan 13 18:05:37 CET 2003

Christian Tismer wrote:
> Bengt Richter wrote:
>> At 03:39 2003-01-13 +0100, Christian Tismer wrote:
>> [...]
>>> At the same time, as much as possible should become
>>> pluggable. It will be possible to have MiniPy
>> [...]
>> Is "MiniPy" the official name ?
> No.
> There is no official name, yet.
> For some time, I was thinking of
> "Lilipyt".
> "Ptn" was the first thought, while
> not sounding very sexy just expressing brevity.
> "Pippy" is already occupied.
> "Minipy"? Well, there are so many "py" projects,
> this makes it hard to come up with a good new name.
> While a name is most unimportant for me,
> I agree that it *is* important for the
> community to be able to spell it.
> Anyone having some good suggestions?

So far, most people seem to associate the idea of "minimal" as being small,
tiny...  To use a different twist, what about using the minimalist movement in
art? MondrianPython, GlassPython... :-)

(Of course, being Dutch I should spell it "Mondriaan", aside...)

Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA=='))
# decode for email address ;-)
The Pythonic Quarter::