Install Python in C:\usr\bin

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Jan 20 05:19:02 EST 2003

Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> Yes, I also get the "segmentation fault" when I login to the ISP and
> do python on the commands line with "import random".  They run linux.
> Maybe they compiled Python themselves and one of their c libraries is
> kaput.

If you can reproduce it from the interpreter directly, it just sounds
like a broken installation.  Complain to your ISP.  (Emphasize that this
is not an enhancement request; the installation is corrupted.)

/  \ Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.
\__/ Samuel Johnson
    PyUID / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/uid/
 A module for generating "unique" IDs in Python.