Jython/Python Libs

TimC tim at nowhere.com
Tue Jan 7 08:42:29 EST 2003

Terry Hancock wrote:

>>Ideally I'd also catch the few cases of modules which don't work correctly
>>for language compatibility regions, but I know that can be pretty subtle.
>

> Um, that's supposed to read "reasons" not "regions" in case anyone was
> confused.

Hi Terry
I don't think that this is as simple as it sounds: Jython comes with
different *versions* of some standard libararies and therefore behaves
differently from Python distributions (I've noted this in relation to
XML where jython has some old modules from PyXML that aren't in a
standard Python release and don't work the same as the more recent PyXML
  - try looking at the DefaultHandler in saxutils).

Also, I don't think that there are regression tests for the various
libraries that can be run in a standard way (unfortunately).

(it looks to me pretty much like you are trying to do some of what I was
looking for in my post of 2/1/03

tc