paths (Newbee question)

Erik Max Francis max at
Fri Jan 24 01:26:30 CET 2003

"Joseph C. Slater" wrote:

> I'm trying to use os.popen to run ps2pdf on a file. This works fine,
> as
> long as p2pdf is in the path, along with all of the other things it
> needs. To make a long story short, how do I, inside python, not in the
> call, set these paths?
> I'm expecting this is pretty easy. Problem being, after applying that
> required 4 hours, I'm not finding it.

In a Bourne-like shell, you have the syntax

	ENV1=something ENV2=somethingElse program args...

So try invoking it as something like

	PATH=$PATH:/other/paths/you/need ps2pdf ...

 Erik Max Francis / max at /
/  \ An undevout astronomer is mad.
\__/ Edward Young Quake III Arena /
 A personal guide to Quake III Arena.