Syntax checking python...

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Fri Jan 31 17:56:49 EST 2003

Most practical approach (IMO):
    Use a Python-aware editor (PythonWin, for instance), which
syntax-colours your source-code as you go.  Sure, it doesn't catch
everything, but it'll highlight matching braces/brackets/parens as you
move about, check for string-literal endings, highlight keywords, and
generally attempt to show the code as understood by the interpreter.

If for some particular reason you really do need to do robust
pre-checking of files, see pychecker, or the compile module.

HTH,
Mike

--
  Mike C. Fletcher